:: Re: [DNG] FF now defaults to DNS-ov…
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] FF now defaults to DNS-over-HTTPS for US
On Sun, Mar 01, 2020 at 05:08:28PM -0600, golinux@??? wrote:
> Just great! So how can we keep off this cloudflare thing?
>
> https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/02/25/mozilla_turns_on_dns_over_https_by_default_for_usa/

There was a thread on (IIRC) debian-devel about this a while ago, with a
near-consensus that, while good for a typical insecure Windows user, DoH
by default is inappropriate for Debian.

I thus assume it won't be on in the packaging.

> I am quite happy running unbound locally thanks to Rick and Centurion_Dan
> etc.

And having unbound by default might be a good default. I just don't have
enough experience with hotel/phone/etc networks which block direct DNS
to know what problems could be.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ in the beginning was the boot and root floppies and they were good.