:: Re: [maemo-leste] pinephone bravehe…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] pinephone bravehearth support
Hi JaviP,

On 27/02/2020 22:24, Javier Palacios wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 1:19 AM Arthur D. <spinal.by@???> wrote:
>
>>> Virtual keyboard can be enabled from "Settings->Text Input->Use Virtual
>>> Keyboard"
>>
>> It seems reasonable for me to enable VKB automatically for devices that
>> don't have internal & external keyboards attached.
>>

> In fact that is a request that I planned to add to GitHub bugtracker, once
> I get some time to play with it.

Makes sense -- please file the bug if you'd like to see it.

> Is there some option to change to portrait mode I've overlooked? I see on
> the pinephone wiki page that landscape is default, but seems to be also the
> only available mode.

The way to switch currently is with xrandr, but:

1. you will also have to change the touchscreen use (xinput
--map-to-output <number> DSI-1) -- I think it's DSI-1, anyway, also,
maybe DSI-1 comes because <number>)
2. There are rendering bugs in hildon-desktop in portrait mode that make
it not very usable. These are also being fixed, hopefully soon.

Cheers,
Merlijn