:: Re: [DNG] Tried Debian Stretch with…
Author: terryc
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Tried Debian Stretch with systemd out of constrainsts
On Sat, 11 Jan 2020 20:18:09 +0000
Edward Bartolo via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all thanks for replying. It seems the driver is installed
> according to usb-devices. The interesting stanza is the following:
>
> T: Bus=07 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 6 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
> D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
> P: Vendor=04b5 ProdID=6cde Rev=00.00
> S: Manufacturer=ODM
> S: Product=DSO Device
> C: #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=a0 MxPwr=500mA
> I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
>
> Running both the manufacturer's graphical frontend for the
> oscilloscope under wine and openhantek fail to detect the
> oscilloscope. For both of them the oscilloscope does not exist.
>
> The firmware and its loader have been extracted from the Windows
> drivers.
>
> Knowing the vendor ID and the Product ID I should be able to
> communicate with the oscilloscope. Any ideas how this can be done?

Just my 2c. The easiest is to adapt some existing(past?) piece of
software that drives something similar.

As far as using the V-ID & P-ID, this might be similar to some of the
(recent) hacking to get various flatbed paper scanners working where it
was necessary to add an entry to udev(?)

As to software, it as to be about two decades ago when I saw a
presentation at a LUG of a PC driven Oscilloscope that was primarily to
run under Linux, It has since been released, but i do not know if the
software is FOSS.

Last suggestion is to trawl Github or similar repository for
software you could adapt,