:: Re: [DNG] Pager (was Re: Alternati…
Author: Erik Christiansen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Pager (was Re: Alternatives to synaptic?)
On 10.01.20 20:18, Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng wrote:
> # There's still no zpager, even after asking for it two decades ago :-O
> #
> # https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=49942

In the "less" manpage, under the "INPUT PREPROCESSOR" heading,
"two scripts will allow you to keep files in compressed format, but
still let less view them directly" with less.

I may come to like less more than more, especially after I realise that
'&pattern' is not a commandline option, is regex, and can be turned on
and off. (I'll investigate the effect of the LESS_IS_MORE environment
variable, too.)

Erik