:: Re: [DNG] Alternatives to synaptic?
Author: Alessandro Vesely
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Alternatives to synaptic?
On Thu 09/Jan/2020 18:20:55 +0100 Dimitris via Dng wrote:
> On 1/9/20 7:04 PM, Alessandro Vesely via Dng wrote:
>>
>> Hm... in fact I have consolekit installed. And if I try to remove it, apt
>> wants to install elogind instead. Perhaps consolekit is less bad...?
>>

> consolekit goes away,

When? For Beowulf, I read Mark's msg:
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20200106.160443.c98b4e23.en.html

> but do you get synaptic?

Not yet.

> what happens with :
> # apt install libelogind0 libpam-elogind synaptic

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
elogind libept1.5.0 policykit-1
Suggested packages:
dwww software-properties-gtk
The following packages will be REMOVED:
libpam-ck-connector
elogind libelogind0 libept1.5.0 libpam-elogind policykit-1 synaptic
0 upgraded, 6 newly installed, 1 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 876 kB/3,047 kB of archives.
After this operation, 11.4 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

if I just try synaptic, I get additional packages libept1.5.0 and policykit-1,
so adding elogind doesn't seem to help.

Best
Ale