:: Re: [DNG] elogind and libelogind0
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Arnt Karlsen
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] elogind and libelogind0
On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 04:10:56PM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> ..which should we use, elogind or consolekit?

It probably depends on which desktop you want to use.

AFAIK in beowulf, xfce4 with slim or lightdm can use either consolekit or
elogind. Most other destops (mate, cinnamon, lxqt, budgie...) only work with
elogind.

I think ascii is a bit more restrictive than that, but it was before my time.

elogind is actively maintained upstream and in Devuan, indeed we are the
packaging upstream for Debian ;). Consolekit (actually consolekit2) is pretty
inactive upstream.

The choice is yours.

Mark