:: Re: [DNG] We need upgrade reports
Author: tempforever
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] elogind and libelogind0 (WAS: Re: We need upgrade reports
Subject: Re: [DNG] We need upgrade reports
'smee via Dng wrote:
> When I ran dist-upgrade the first time, it downloaded and unpacked
> everything okay but then failed with an error that dpkg had errored
> out. /var/log/dpkg.log didn't give anything helpful but I ended up
> finding the solution was to run 'apt --fix-broken install' just like
> that without specifying any package. After running that, dist-upgrade
> worked.

The same thing happened with me also today with another ascii-to-beowulf
upgrade. A problem with some java library, if I remember correctly. If
needed, I can try to find exactly what it was. And had to manually
install elogind and libelogind0 after the upgrade.

Also had the issue with pulseaudio not auto-starting, as described
already by Andreas Messer.