:: Re: [DNG] Catching up (was Re: Resu…
Author: fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Catching up (was Re: Result of the Debian vote 'General Resolution: Init systems and systemd')
On 12/31/19 3:16 PM, Andrew McGlashan via Dng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 1/1/20 6:53 am, fsmithred via Dng wrote:
>> On 12/31/19 2:16 PM, Andrew McGlashan via Dng wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Okay, so safe to update /etc/apt/sources.list and then: apt-get
>>> update apt-get dist-upgrade ... now?
>>>
>>> For production systems or any systems?
>>>
>>> Thanks A.
>>
>> For production systems, I might do an upgrade on a test system
>> first, only because I haven't heard a lot of upgrade reports. Also,
>> there might still be some issues on upgrading lvm.
>
> I use lvm, a lot, what are the problems with lvm?
>
>> I've upgraded standard system (no X), a few xfce systems and a
>> mate desktop. They've all been uneventful.
>
> Thanks
> A.

CenturionDan posted this in irc a few days ago:
" with the 4.19 kernel LVM requires udev to be running and /run/udev to
exist in order for root on LV and other initramfs mounted volumes to be
mounted.."

I ran into this issue on some fresh installs earlier this year and had to
create and mount /run/udev in a chroot to get grub to install.

fsr