:: [DNG] Frontend of simple-netaid (Wa…
Author: Aitor
To: s@
CC: dng
Subject: [DNG] Frontend of simple-netaid (Was: What about the boost c++ libraries?)
Hi again,

On 14/12/19 16:59, s@ wrote:
>> Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 12:56:13 +0100
>> From: Aitor <aitor_czr@???>
>>
>> Only *boost-iostream* and *boost-filesystem* are required in
>> simple-netaid so far, even though I could do the same job using only
>> the stardard c++11, of course.
>> I say this because once somebody said (here, in the mailing list) "no
>> more wraps, please", but maybe referring to dbus or something similar [*].
>> What do you think of?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Aitor.
>>
>> [*] git-buildpackage is a wrap for dpkg-buildpackage and it's cool.
>>
>> I must add that I disagree with the overuse of smart pointers and some
>> design patterns.
>> I was rather surprised to see that all the gtkmm forms of
>> mysql-workbench are singleton!
>>
> My Personal Opinion is that libboost, is something very viral in nature..
> And libboost itself, is a monster in size..
> I would pay attention, to dependencies :)
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> tux <tuxd3v@???>

Anybody can explain me why the toolbar of simple-netaid is hidden in the
following code?

http://gnuinos.org/examples/simple-netaid/

You can download the sources from here:

http://gnuinos.org/examples/simple-netaid/simple-netaid.tar.gz

You need to install cmake and libgtkmm-2.4-dev. I wrote the following
script in my "/usr/bin":

#!/bin/sh

path=$(pwd)
rm -f $path/simple-netaid
rm -rf $path/build-area
mkdir $path/build-area
cd $path/build-area
cmake ../
make
exit 0

Just run it in the parent directory of the sources.
I'll also ask tomorrow about this issue in the gtkmm mailing list.

Cheers, and happy new year :)

Aitor.