:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan on WSL?
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan on WSL?
Hi Denis,

Denis Roio writes:

> dear Olaf,
>
> sorry for late reply, wrapping up an incredibly busy 2019 at work
>
> On Thu, 12 Dec 2019, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>
>> The reason I didn't put my Devuan base images up on the Docker Hub is
>>
>> https://github.com/docker/hub-feedback/issues/373
>
> ACK.
> did not see this before.
> Wow you started quite a wave of requests!

It's been more than four years in the making :-/
Feel free to add to the wave, BTW.

>> > Docker: As a docker ab/user :^) I haven't bothered much about that,
>> > rather than use extensively these builds made on top of Olaf's bare
>> > images https://hub.docker.com/r/dyne/devuan as of today usage in our
>> > organisation is so extensive at this point that I can propose *them*
>> > for upstreaming as official without too many fears. [...]
>>
>> Does that *them* refer to your dyne/devuan images or to my Devuan base
>> images? Just curious ;-)
>
> them refer to dyne/devuan images which are based on your images, with
> the addition of a few quirks visible here:
>
> https://github.com/dyne/docker-devuan-builds/blob/master/devuan/Dockerfile.ascii
> https://github.com/dyne/docker-devuan-builds/blob/master/devuan/Dockerfile.beowulf
>
> the repo has some light templating system for the dockerfiles which
> just substitutes codenames where needed.
>
> I am mentioned as maintainer of these but would be very happy to share
> maintainership in terms of glory and blame, I think you did most of
> the work anyway.

Thanks for refering to my work in the README. Yeah, my claim to blame!

BTW, I've been meaning to refactor the builds a bit now that jessie is
oldstable. My builds still start from Debian's jessie ... wondering how
that long will keep working. Also, monthly rebuilds make little sense
if none of the packages changed. On the other hand, "testing" and
"unstable" might warrant more frequent builds.

Oh well, some many ideas, so little time. I'll be busy with getting
sane-backends-1.0.29 released before the end of January first anyway.

Hope this helps,