:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan on WSL?
Author: Denis Roio
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan on WSL?
dear Olaf,

sorry for late reply, wrapping up an incredibly busy 2019 at work

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

> The reason I didn't put my Devuan base images up on the Docker Hub is
>
> https://github.com/docker/hub-feedback/issues/373

ACK.
did not see this before.
Wow you started quite a wave of requests!

> > Docker: As a docker ab/user :^) I haven't bothered much about that,
> > rather than use extensively these builds made on top of Olaf's bare
> > images https://hub.docker.com/r/dyne/devuan as of today usage in our
> > organisation is so extensive at this point that I can propose *them*
> > for upstreaming as official without too many fears. [...]
>
> Does that *them* refer to your dyne/devuan images or to my Devuan base
> images? Just curious ;-)

them refer to dyne/devuan images which are based on your images, with
the addition of a few quirks visible here:

https://github.com/dyne/docker-devuan-builds/blob/master/devuan/Dockerfile.ascii
https://github.com/dyne/docker-devuan-builds/blob/master/devuan/Dockerfile.beowulf

the repo has some light templating system for the dockerfiles which
just substitutes codenames where needed.

I am mentioned as maintainer of these but would be very happy to share
maintainership in terms of glory and blame, I think you did most of
the work anyway.

thanks