:: [DNG] raspberry pi build - missing…
Author: s
To: Wojtek Sawaściuk
CC: dng
Subject: [DNG] raspberry pi build - missing lines in /proc/cpuinfo

> On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 02:01:57 +0100
> Wojtek Sawaściuk <voyo+dng@???> wrote:

> Not quite, I have some other ARM boards, everywhere - I can see more.
> Those one below have nothing in common with RBPI nor Devuan.
> tbh, cpuinfo without these lines on ARM board is something very new for
> me, so thats why my confusion :/

> Also, more confusion - what is relation to information provided by
> /proc/cpuinfo (strictly from kernel) with OS version (32/64 bits) ?

I was refering the fact that, you called that information, very valuable and reliable to use some functionalities.. :)

And I showed that cpuinfo, for ARM devices, is not so reliable.
I showed the case were you were with a cpu and it reports another one( the LibreElec case, running a cortex a53 and it reporting a armv6 cpu.. )..

Today cpuinfo for ARM is better,
But still far from let's say x86..due to not be so reliable after all( even ARM annouced that some action would be needed to turn it more reliable )..
So we can say that today its a improoving situation from the madness of the past..

For me, the Most valuable information is:
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU part        : 0xc07

CPU implementer : 0x41

In this case the Implementer is ARM Itself( so.. its a ARM stock design.. ), even tough that the chip has its own name and company that produced it.. the design is a ARM stock one( 0x41 is the ARM code ).

CPU part        : 0xc07

which tells me that its a Cortex-A7 design..

--
Best Regards,
tux <tuxd3v@???>