:: Re: [DNG] Fw: looking for a replace…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fw: looking for a replacement for debian since systemd
Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):

> According to this message on the Debian-User email message, Debian is
> working on dumping non-systemd inits.

I continue to be unimpressed by the debian-user mailing list as a source
of reliable information.

> The Debian vote methods are so
> arcane I can't tell whether that's true or false, or whether the quoted
> vote is early or partial information.

My advice: Wait for the LWN.net coverage in this coming week's weekly
issue. About a week ago, LWN had this initial coverage (subscriber link
so people here can see, without paying for subscription):
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/806332/71a8e11132c02b54/

--
Cheers,                          "Maybe the law ain’t perfect, but it’s the only
Rick Moen                        one we got, and without it we got nuthin'."