:: Re: [devuan-dev] Patch dak to skip …
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: Mark Hindley
CC: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Patch dak to skip duplicate source uploads when importing.
On 05/12/19 22:19, Mark Hindley wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 05, 2019 at 08:57:58AM +1300, Daniel Reurich wrote:
>> Mark, this is the wrong approach. The correct approach is to fix dak so
>> it checks and strips the signature from clearsigned files before doing
>> the checksum. There is already a function in python-apt that can do
>> this. It's a one liner fix, that would solve the issue. I can send you
>> a patch for this.
>
> I have been thinking about this. Doesn't that mean that dak will store the
> checksum of the dsc file without the signature. However, the file served from
> the pool will have a signature and it will not match what is in Sources? APT
> will not like that.

Actually it will, because the fix means dak will store and always check
the fingerprint of the file after stripping the sig from the file. But
as I said the archive will either want to be rebuilt or a update script
will need to be created to regenerate the fingerprints for the .dsc's.
That said after a version bump the issue will be solved for a given
package anyway.

proposed alt fix pushed to branch dans-fix on git.do

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.