:: Re: [DNG] Formail for managing dige…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Formail for managing digests
On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 12:18:55 -0600
golinux@??? wrote:

> More fiddling while Rome burns . . . sigh . . .
>
> I'm in a bit of a mood because I thought that a script to convert
> systemd units to init style shell scripts would be worthy of at least
> some discussion.
>
> golinux

Well holy cow, give us a chance!

That conversion is pretty technical, and I haven't yet seen the source
code: Its location isn't obvious. I can't discuss something I have
little knowledge of. After all, we're not systemd fanboiz. The URL you
supplied raises more questions than answers.

For instance, how the script decides whether to execute something in a
function or straightaway is a bit of a mystery to me. Another mystery
is which init system the output is intended to control. It doesn't look
like any sysvinit scripts I've seen, and it's for sure not runit, s6 or
Epoch.

If anyone finds the URL of the *actual code* of the converter, please
post it.

You're right about one thing: This is great news. Whether we end up
using the script and adapting to other inits by parsing the output, or
whether we end up using part of the script to work with each init, this
should make life easier.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2019 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr