:: Re: [DNG] Devuan cannot exist witho…
Author: Noel Torres
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan cannot exist without the help of Debian
On Monday, 25 de November de 2019 01:23:58 Steve Litt escribió:
> On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 10:55:46 +0100
>
> Denis Roio <jaromil@???> wrote:
> > At last, please, do not consider Devuan as an alternative solution
> > which will survive any outcome of this vote.
> >
> > Because I'm sure Devuan will not survive without Debian's help.
>
> Some time in 2015, I remember hearing the VUAs saying that Devuan would
> be a modification of Debian for some time, but would eventually become
> an independent distro of its own, to prevent a crisis like this one.
> How far is Devuan from being its own distro?

[...]
> SteveT

It has been a long, long time since the "campfire" that started all this. I've
been silent since then.

Debian is to be respected forever, as Dungeons and Dragons is to be respected
forever as the first roleplaying game. However, I do not play D&D. I do not
master D&D. I do not like D&D at all, and I make tongue in cheek jokes about
D&D not being a roleplaying game at all with my mates. Why?

It just lay behind.

Debian is about to choose if they will lie behind too. We DO have the
experience and the manpower to keep init scripts and an init infrastructure,
and step ahead. It will be harder than until today.

Do we have the will?

Noel, er Envite.