|:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet No…|
|This message is part of the following thread:|
|the complete thread tree sorted by date|
Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan * Please post notes prior to the meet. * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the meet. * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .
Present: Centurion Dan, golinux, fsr, rrq, kramer, danyspin97, RickMoen, duncan
### LeePen (from Nov. 06) - AFAIK the buildhost problems presented last week are unaddressed. Therefore, I have not been able to build any updates for beowulf. Who is able to take a look at them? - (gl) jaromil - can you PLEASE attend to this? Build hosts still not functioning properly. I think that i386 is the problem one.
## Old Actions - Send formal announcement of the 2.1 release including to announce list - (gl) Draft is here: https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/D+ChmluW+TT9QPdOVO9q0rpf/ Please put comments between the ==========
- (gl) Where to put the ARM forum? This decision is a bit complicated. 1. Because it is no longer being updated, the "Projects" forum will be removed. 2. This leaves "Documentation" all by itself under the "Learn" category which is awkward. Will probably be moved to support and "Learn" deleted. 3. "ARM builds" could go either under "Support": Installation Desktop and Multimedia Hardware & System Configuration ARM builds Documentation Other Issues 4. Or the "Discuss" category: <<<<<<<< This one Devuan Arm builds Devuan Derivatives DIY Intergalactic Communities etc.
- (fsr) If we put the arm section under Support, we must be sure we have someone who can offer support. I vote for putting it in Discuss - (gl) But it is Devuan and wouldn't support come on the forum from other arm users? But it could be argued both ways. - (rrq) I think Discuss is the better option (agree with fsr). I also thought the title could mention debootstrap as well as arm, i.e. discussing ways of installing on systems other than from an iso. - (gl) Changes completed thanks to rrq. - Unrelated comment . . . the pad's auto formatting is really annoying
- The mirror checking stuff is progressing. https://sledjhamr.org/apt-panopticon/results/Report-web.html is updated hourly, and looking good now. It includes all the checking logs now. Don't let the large error numbers scare you, it's basically the same error repeated multiple times due to the way the testing/logging works. - At the bottom of that page is a link to the email version of the report. Once I'm happy with things, I'll set up that email to be automatically sent weekly to the mirror email list, maybe to the devuan-dev one as well if we want.
- (rrq) discuss a change of meeting day/time. - (onefang) I'm all for a more Oz friendly meeting time. Having said that, moving the 06:30 meetings away from sunrise and closer to midnight works as well. Or late arvo, early evening. Aussie/Brisbane time I mean. - (gl) We went through this years ago. It's early in Oz and late in EU. The time window when it's feasable to have both at the same time is very small. Any day works for me but the dyne meet used to be on Monday so that day is probably out. - (rrq) maybe current day/time suits most best still; worth checking.
- (gl) Thursday 20:30 UTC sounds like a good alternative. Any objections? Now waiting for response from LeePen. - (leepen) Sorry I couldn't attend. I don't have a regular commitment and am usually free then. - (gl) Great! Meet will be moved to Nov. 21 @20:30 UTC next week. If it works well, we'll continue having the weekly meet at that time.
|This message was posted to the following mailing lists:|
Mailing List Info | Nearby Messages
|Re: [devuan-mirrors] [devuan-dev] Introducing apt-panopticon, my Devuan mirror checker script.||[devuan-dev] Devuan meet Nov. 21, 2019 @20:30 UTC [New day, same time]|
|dyne.org open discussions |
administrated by dyne.org hackers
|Lurker (version 2.3)|