:: Re: [DNG] Insane defaults on Raspbe…
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Insane defaults on Raspberry Pi images - How to fix corruption/dataloss
On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 11:58:06AM -0800, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
> There are actually a couple of ways around the SD wear issue, even though people seem to dearly LOVE SSDs with the exact same issue;

I haven't seen anyone mention even once in this entire thread so far
that the rpi supports trimming on SD cards. I have a rpi2b, and rpi3b
the first for three years now, and the second for two. Both are up
24/7 running off SD cards, and both have a weekly cron job that runs
fstrim -a. They're still doing fine on the original SD cards.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1