:: Re: [devuan-mirrors] Introducing ap…
Author: onefang
To: devuan-mirrors
Subject: Re: [devuan-mirrors] Introducing apt-panopticon, my Devuan mirror checker script.
On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 18:01:44 +0200 Dimitris said :
> On 11/5/19 5:51 PM, onefang wrote:
> > Tomorrow I'll likely add the web report, which will copy the format
> > of https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/mirror_status.html though I'll also
> > link to the raw checking logs.
> >

> i've put a mirmon instance for devuan mirrors, couple of months ago.
> (notified mirror@???, but got no replies so far)..

Alas I don't get to see things sent to that that email address, though I
probably should. Evilham tends to forward anything he thinks I should
know about to me, but he didn't forward that.

> anyway, all necessary files for mirmon are here :
> https://git.devuan.org/xinomilo/devuan-mirmon
>
> maybe it can be of some use to any web reports..

It seems to be tracking just uptime? That's one of the things I'll be
adding to apt-panopticon.

What I'll be doing is replicating
https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/mirror_status.html then adding things to
it, like links to the raw checker logs. At Evilhams request I'll also
be generating data to feed to Prometheus, and for my own needs RRD.
The output part is modular, so generating data for other monitoring
systems will be easy.