:: Re: [DNG] I wrote IBM
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I wrote IBM
Quoting golinux@??? (golinux@???):

> This email does not address the content of this email but rather
> something very strange that came through in the header:
>
> https://dev1galaxy.org/files/cruft.png
>
> This started with the above email from Steve.

I'll retain for a while that verbatim message from Steve Litt, in case
you and I need to discuss it. E.g, I could put the full headers as seen
here into Pastebin. To be clear, as received here, Steve's mail and all
the others recently (received from Dng) look just fine as received here.

Locally on linuxmafia.com, all the mail from my Devuan mailing list
subscriptions arrive at my SMTP daemon (Exim4), get handed off to
Procmail as Local Delivery Agent, and get appended to mbox file
/home/rick/inboxes/lists . And the contents (including recently arrived
mails including Steve's) look correct and properly formatted both when
viewed using a terminal pager such as /usr/bin/less or when viewed using
my preferred Mail User Agent (mail client), mutt.

I notice that your own headers include:

This raises the probably unwelcome and very annoying possibility that
the program referenced had a parsing problem on one or more recently
arrived pieces of mail.

If you can get the attention of someone who has local administrative
access (at the shell) on the dyne.org host, he/she could take a look at
whatever mailbox file this 'Dyne.org Webmail' program relies on for your
mail -- to see if there's any obvious corruption in the file as stored
locally (your Inbox folder, I mean). Maybe it's an mbox file (or a
Maildir directory tree). Either of those is pretty easy to expunge file
corruption from.

But also, something is confusing me, here:

> Here's the complete header. Problem is under "Precedence: list":

[big snip]