:: Re: [DNG] Devuan sparc port
Author: s
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan sparc port

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 09:02:13AM -0700, Fred wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Will there ever be a sparc64 port of Devuan?
>
> Very very likely no. The focus of this distribution is fixing systemd
> caused regression, not porting. And reviving the arch would require a lot
> of effort:

Oracle doesn't have a very well defined future for Sparc( the dead line was somewhat defined to 2021 or 2022 iirc ), the next range of devices roadmap, is undefined, but they have put great effort in trying to sell their Oracle Linux distro with Oracle databases as a package( after the amount of bugs found in x86 and others.. ).
They have been optimizing Sparc on Linux for Oracle databases, for years..
And they have found a jump in sales.. wether it will be suficient to maintain Sparc Alive, I really don't know..

IMHO, first I think we need ecosystem & stability, later a choose can, eventually, be made on what archs to add..

--
tux <tuxd3v@???>