:: Re: [DNG] Devuan as a rescue CD?
Author: Bernard Rosset
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan as a rescue CD?
Hello Steve,

> Has any of you been using Devuan as a rescue CD? If so, how has it been
> working out for you, and do you have any suggestions to make the Devuan
> rescue experience easy and productive?

I have replaced my old GParted Live DVD with Devuan live desktop to
partition/repair/copy (dd) disks or mount filesystems for
recovery/repair purposes.

I now install GParted from the live desktop when need be. Of course some
fdisk could also do the trick, but I like the preview/comfort from the
GUI. Handy to have a lightweight functional fully-fledged live GUI
environment thanks to Devuan :o)

All it takes is modifying the keyboard map, changing the APT sources and
installing a couple packages if/when needed.

Bernard Rosset
https://rosset.net/