:: Re: [DNG] Devuan as a rescue CD?
Author: tom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan as a rescue CD?
On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 17:06:43 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has any of you been using Devuan as a rescue CD? If so, how has it
> been working out for you, and do you have any suggestions to make the
> Devuan rescue experience easy and productive?
>
> System Rescue CD recently switched from Gentoo to Arch, thus acquiring
> systemd. I wouldn't have a big problem using systemd for a narrow,
> contained usage like rescue, but I've also heard their project is
> foundering.
>
> Thanks,
>

> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Author: The Key to Everyday Excellence
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/key
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stevelitt

I used to use the Debian Live image as a rescue CD as it's pretty easy
to install additional software as-needed and there wasn't any ramdisk
limitation issues. Going from Debian to Devuan was pretty easy. It's
also easy to make your own live ISOs with the Debian tooling preloaded
with common debug tools like gparted, debsums, rkhunter etc.