:: Re: [DNG] Problem installing Devuan…
Author: al3xu5 / dotcommon
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Problem installing Devuan-ascii
24/10/2019 11:19:14 -0400
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???>:

> On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 10:04:36AM +0200, al3xu5 / dotcommon wrote:

[...]

> > I suggest you could create partitions *before* the installing process, using
> > a "live" tool such is:
> > https://gparted.org/livecd.php
> >
> > Then install using these partitions.
>
> That's likely a valid workaround.

> But is there perhaps a problem with the ascii installer?

I did not use the installer on my main machine, as have I upgraded directly
from jessie...

When I have installed ascii on my sister's machine, a lot of time ago, I
remember it worked... But the ascii installed may be was a different version
than the actual... Not sure...

More recently, I have installed ascii also creating partitions on two different
machines (uefi bios), without any problem.

But different systems could have different issues... Using a good "live" tool
just for partitioning might help you to find which is the problem in your
case (and if it is related to the installer or not)...

Regards

--
al3xu5

Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and any industrial design restrictions.
Public GPG/PGP key block
ID:           4096 bit RSA key 69C5977BF94CFE23
Fingerprint:  59C6 9DC7 CD4B CF2F A190  E3DE 69C5 977B F94C FE23