:: Re: [DNG] I wrote IBM
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: golinux
CC: dng
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] Mail message headers
Subject: Re: [DNG] I wrote IBM
Hi golinux,

golinux@??? writes:

> On 2019-10-23 14:56, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>>> >

>>> This email does not address the content of this email but rather
>>> something
>>> very strange that came through in the header:
>>>
>>> https://dev1galaxy.org/files/cruft.png
>>>
>>> This started with the above email from Steve. Even stranger is that
>>> all
>>> email in my Inbox from the creation of this account now has that mass
>>> of
>>> text in the header. It is not happening to my @dyne account even
>>> though I
>>> assume they are on the same server. Nor in this happening to folders
>>> with
>>> saved email. I have not consciously changed any settings though cannot
>>> rule
>>> out some random unintended click. Does anyone have insight as to what
>>> is
>>> going on? Rick Moen . . . you around?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> golinux

>>> Here's the complete header. Problem is under "Precedence: list":
>>
>> And I don't see it in this header nor in the header on top of this
>> message.
>> Presumably it was in what you sent, but not in what I received.
>> Puzzling.
>>
>> -- hendrik
>>

> This is what arrived with your above reply:
>

>  From    Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???>  Add contact
> Sender    Dng <dng-bounces@???>  Add contact
> To    dng@???  Add contact
> Date    Today 14:56
> Mailing List    <a href="mailto:dng-request@lists.dyne.org?subject=help"
> target="_blank" onclick="return
> rcmail.command('compose','dng-request@????subject=help',this)">Help</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<a
> target="_blank">Subscribe</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<a
> href="https://mailinglists.dyne.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/dng"
> target="_blank">Unsubscribe</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<a
> href="mailto:dng@lists.dyne.org" target="_blank" onclick="return
> rcmail.command('compose','dng@???',this)">Post</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<a
> target="_blank">List Archive</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;

> All lists on dyne server(s) are suffering from this. It is a mystery
> and very annoying . . .

Based on the header of your mail:

and

<mailto:dng-request@lists.dyne.org?subject=subscribe>

I suspect that the Dyne.org Webmail client is "helpfully" converting the
above List-*: header to the gunk you get to see.

Based on that gunk and a quick search on rcmail.command, I further
suspect that that User-Agent: is really [Roundcube Webmail][0]

https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail

It then looks like that webmail client (or a plugin) doesn't quite grok
the content of the List-* headers anymore. This could be due to changed
List-*: header content for Dyne.org mailing lists or an update of their
webmail client (or a plugin for it). Looks like a Dyne.org inflicted
problem to me.

I know this doesn't solve your problem but hope it points a finger in
the right direction.

Hope this helps,