:: Re: [devuan-dev] Patch for udisks2 …
Author: . fsmithred
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Patch for udisks2 to enable installation of mate-desktop-environment (+etc)
On 10/5/19, Mark Hindley <mark@???> wrote:
> Svante,
>
> Thanks for this.
>
> On Sat, Oct 05, 2019 at 11:36:31AM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On order to be able to install mate-desktop-environment in Debian (and
>> maybe
>> other desktops) udisks2 is needed. Currently udisks2 depends on
>> libpam-systemd
>> and build-depends on libsystemd-dev. The attached patch for version
>> 2.8.4-1
>> fixes the build, as reported in #923387. Additionally, creating a link in
>> libelogind-dev:
>> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/libelogind.pc-> libsystemd.pc
>> (and s/x86-linux-gnu/triplet/ for other architectures.)
>> enables the usage of the login option:
>> using libsystemd-login:     yes

> AFAIU this is not required. We no longer need to fork and patch to remove
> libpam-systemd dependencies as Devuan's libpam-elogind provides that
> dependency.
>
> IIRC this was discussed a few weeks ago and you can use the Debian buster
> udisks
> directly in beowulf. It was tried a few weeks ago, but perhaps you could
> confirm
> that still works and works for you in mate?

Looks like it installs ok. You have to install libudisks2-0 from
buster with it. This is on a Refracta beowulf (xfce, elogind, upgraded
from ascii)

aptitude -s install udisks2=2.8.1-4 libudisks2-0=2.8.1-4
libblockdev-fs2{a} libblockdev-loop2{a} libblockdev-part-err2{a}
libblockdev-part2{a} libblockdev-swap2{a} libblockdev-utils2{a}
libblockdev2{a}
libudisks2-0 udisks2
The following packages are RECOMMENDED but will NOT be installed:
exfat-utils libblockdev-crypto2
2 packages upgraded, 7 newly installed, 0 to remove and 78 not upgraded.
Need to get 596 kB of archives. After unpacking 969 kB will be used.

Note: Using 'Simulate' mode.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]

> The separate, but related question is whether we maintain a forked udisks to
> completely remove the logind dependency. THis was discussed at the meet on
> 11
> September, but I am not aware of a consensus or decision.

Do-acrocy. Ain't gonna happen unless someone does it. And I think
everyone is busy doing other things right now.