:: Re: [DNG] ..the D in Systemd is for…
Author: Simon Walter
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..the D in Systemd is for Directories: Poettering says his creation will phone /home in future ... albeit with broken SSH login
On 9/27/19 7:25 AM, Steve Litt wrote:

> Basically, Kmail became dependent on a huge database called Akonadi and
> an always dragging lookup facility called Nepomuk, to the point that
> you couldn't fix things by moving files around or changing a config. I
> bailed out of Kmail, and six months later out of KDE. Today I have not
> one KDE app or library on my system.

The Kmail devs made me think I was the only one who thought Akonadi and
Nepomuk was a bad idea. It was such a nice snappy email client. I told
myself that once they fixed all the bugs, I would resume using it.
However, now with more than just server side mail, but caldav and
carddav, swapping out my server is not a matter of hours but days of
work - really wasted time.

Here is a meme: Let's rewrite it in Javascript!
Here's another: Pollution FTW!