:: [devuan-dev] Debian vs Devuan metad…
Author: Mason Loring Bliss
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Debian vs Devuan metadata
Hello all. I need to understand something better.

This image:

    https://dev1galaxy.org/files/amprolla.png

...makes me think that client systems are never actually seeing Debian
metadata at all. In working with golinux on some documentation, the notion of
suites vs releases for source.list came up, and I'm stuck on this notion that
if the user says 'testing' in sources.list, they're only ever going to see
Devuan 'testing'.

The existing documentation suggests that if a user specifies 'stable' they
might, for instance, get a mix of Devuan ASCII and Debian Buster, because
those are what 'stable' means to each project, but I don't think this is
correct - I believe at present that saying 'stable' on a system with
source.list pointing to the Devuan repositories will be fine, as no Debian
metadata is getting through Amprolla. My understanding is that we're basically
using Debian as a file store and providing our own metadata.

Clarification is welcome.

--
Mason Loring Bliss   ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@???     ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped