:: Re: [devuan-dev] Free software intr…
Author: Mason Loring Bliss
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Free software introduction
On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 03:18:31PM -0500, golinux@??? wrote:

> There was some redundancy and organization that imo needed to be
> tightened/rearranged and I fiddled with a few other things

I like your edit with the exception of one cut comma, which isn't strictly
necessary, and this paragraph:

    The GPL, a copyleft license, essentially says that you're free to use the
    software for any purpose and that anyone to whom you give the software
    must have all the rights you had when receiving the software to study,
    modify and re-distribute the software.

Since you joined what were previously two sentences together, it's now
redundant to say both "all the rights" and then to list those rights without a
bit more fiddling. I think if we strike the word "all" it will suffice. This
reads a bit more cleanly:

    The GPL, a copyleft license, essentially says that you're free to use the
    software for any purpose and that anyone to whom you give the software
    must have the rights you had when receiving the software to study, modify
    and re-distribute the software.

--
Mason Loring Bliss (( If I have not seen as far as others, it is because
mason@??? )) giants were standing on my shoulders. - Hal Abelson