:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Se…
Author: Plasma
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Sep. 11, 2019
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Wednesday, September 11th, 2019.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Sept. 11, 2019 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/DT-6vZglPCTYvGpcSHlHhTsT/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: golinux, mason, fsr, plasma41, rrq, CenturionDan

## Old Business
- rrq now has KatolaZ' notes from naboo! YEA! :-D
- rrq now has access to ci and dak (Thanks CenturionDan)
  (mason) need large storage capacity in build box
- no response from Chillfan
- need to redo registration questions on d1g
  rrq will send to plasma41 and golinux
- udisks2 needed?
  - (fsr says no)
  - (plasma would like gnome-disk-utility to work without requiring
    *elogind* packages)
  - (plasma) From last week's notes:
      udisks2 in beowulf is currently an older version than in ascii;
      this should be considered a release critical bug. We need to
      update udisks2 to have version parity with buster. We need to
      decide whether requiring libpam-elogind to satisfy the
      libpam-systemd dependency is acceptable. If so, we should be able
      to use the buster version as-is. If not, we need to apply our
      patches on the new version. IMO, I think we should continue to
      apply our patches. Regardless, udisks2 needs to be updated.
  - (mason udisks2 is the devil)
  - (plasma post-meeting) We may want to see if we can work together
    with the Hyperbola folks who are working on making sure ConsoleKit
    can always be used in place of elogind. See:
    https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/packages/extra.git/log/udisks2
    https://www.hyperbola.info/todo/consolekit-migration/
- Beowulf migration progress. LeePen's instructions. AntoFox's script
  Has anyone looked at it?
    https://git.devuan.org/AntoFox/upgrade-my-ascii
  - (plasma) There's an ongoing thread on the mailing list regarding
    this:
    https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/thread/20190911.100853.d6c159a3.en.html
  - (LeePen) Briefly. They are more relevant to ascii->beowulf than
    buster->beowulf.
  - (AntoFox) for the moment is an upgrade script, need to work on this
  - (fsmithred) I might use them as install scripts. They look like they
    would be useful if you let everything get removed on upgrade.

## Old Actions

## New Business
- Need final decision about consolidating the wiki stuff on gdo.
Evilham will start doing that soon if there are no objections.

- Should AVMultimedia derivative be added to the "official list"?
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=17802#p17802
  - (Plasma) In my own opinion no, at least not in its current form.
    While there have never been any formal requirements for being on the
    derivatives list (other than being actually based on Devuan,
    obviously), I see an issue with AVMultimedia that I personally feel
    should disqualify it. That issue is trademark infringement. In
    AVMultimedia the applications menu on the panel displays a Microsoft
    Windows logo. The programs in the LibreOffice suite are rebranded
    using the trademarked logos of the Microsoft Office programs.
    Finally the system icons used throughout the desktop are largely
    pulled straight out of Windows 10. I understand the desire to make
    the transition to GNU as seamless as possible for Windows users, but
    trademark infringement is not an acceptable means of accomplishing
    that. Again, all the opinions I've expressed here are solely mine
    own; I'm only speaking for myself.
    - (mason) It might be useful to have a list of issues that'd need to
      be resolved for inclusion, to present.
    - (gl) will respond with plasma's objections.

- Update on new infra

- (blinkdog) Sorry that I can't make it this afternoon; I'm driving a
friend to a pre-op appointment in Janesville, WI. If I manage to make
it back in time, I might be able to join late, but that's not certain.
- (gl) We've missed you!

## New Actions
- LeePen: tasksel in beowulf needs some work. I can take a look unless
anybody else already has a plan for updating it?
- Talk to Centunion_Dan if you get stuck

- restart of arm* build hosts; jaromil? parazyd? rrq will send email

- rrq: collate the d1g questions for upgrading them -> plasma41, golinux

- rrq: start/continue setting up dak

- mason and plasma41: identify nature of Gnome Disks dependency on
  udisks2 (in Beowulf)
  - Is it a dependency in the mind of the packager, or an actual
    functional dependency?
  - https://packages.debian.org/buster/udisks2
  - A udisks2 version exists in experimental. Investigate further.

- mason: research European umbrella organizations / fiscal sponsors
(similar in function to SPI)