:: Re: [devuan-dev] [DNG] Migrating fr…
Author: José Marinho
To: Mark Hindley
CC: devuan developers internal list, Dng
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] [DNG] Migrating from Buster to Beowulf - feedback needed
For the first point, you are right, the final hyphen makes a big difference and now I am free of the dbus delay and can reach a GUI through Lightdm. But the other issue persists:
root@dserver:~# apt install --purge policykit-1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 policykit-1 : Depends: libpolkit-agent-1-0 (= 0.105-25+devuan4) but 0.105-25 is to be installed
               Depends: libpolkit-backend-1-0 (= 0.105-25+devuan4)
               Depends: libpolkit-gobject-1-0 (= 0.105-25+devuan4)

I'm going to post you the output of some commands with the hope it may help you to understand:

root@dserver:~# cat /etc/apt/preferences
cat: /etc/apt/preferences: No such file or directory
root@dserver:~# ls -l /etc/apt/preferences.d/
total 0

Like I mentioned on my previous post, the system I'm using for this tests is a Virtualbox VM with Debian server installed with a netinstall image and after that I install the metapackage task-xfce-desktop, but I did not change any preference from the stock that comes from Debian

root@dserver:~# apt policy policykit-1
policykit-1:
  Installed: 0.105-25
  Candidate: 0.105-25+devuan4
  Version table:
     0.105-25+devuan4 500
        500 http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged beowulf/main amd64 Packages
 *** 0.105-25 100
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
root@dserver:~# apt policy libpolkit-agent-1-0
libpolkit-agent-1-0:
  Installed: 0.105-25
  Candidate: 0.105-25+devuan4
  Version table:
     0.105-25+devuan4 500
        500 http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged beowulf/main amd64 Packages
 *** 0.105-25 100
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

root@dserver:~# apt policy libpolkit-backend-1-0
libpolkit-backend-1-0:
  Installed: 0.105-25
  Candidate: 0.105-25
  Version table:
 *** 0.105-25 500
        500 http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged beowulf/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

root@dserver:~# apt policy libpolkit-gobject-1-0
libpolkit-gobject-1-0:
  Installed: 0.105-25
  Candidate: 0.105-25
  Version table:
 *** 0.105-25 500
        500 http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged beowulf/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

If you need more info don't hesitate to ask for it.

Thanks

José

--
Sent with https://mailfence.com