:: Re: [devuan-dev] [DNG] Migrating fr…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: José Marinho
CC: devuan developers internal list, Dng
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] [DNG] Migrating from Buster to Beowulf - feedback needed
José,

Hello. Thanks for this.

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 09:40:42PM +0200, José Marinho wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> >From a brand new debian server installation on Virtualbox I install desktop
> >stuff by installing task-xfce-destop metapackage and try your instructions. I
> >don't know if I miss or misunderstand something. What I got was this:
>
> After installing devuan-keyring, changing apt sources, updating apt sources,
> editing /var/lib/dpkg/status file for removing systemd-sysv of the end of the
> line, do an "apt install --purge sysvinit-core dbus dbus-x11 libnss-systemd"

Could you check that line. It may just be a typo, but should be

apt install --purge sysvinit-core dbus dbus-x11 libnss-systemd-

with a hyphen at the end. That cured the dbus delays for me.

> and rebooting the system, when I rebooted I notice that when the system start
> after the reboot, it gets stuck on dbus and avahi-daemon delaying init much
> more than usual. Besides this, it delays too a lot when I try to log in the
> system by console or ssh. When I finally reach a root console and issue : "apt
> install --purge policykit-1" I get this output:
>
> apt install --purge policykit-1
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  policykit-1 : Depends: libpolkit-agent-1-0 (= 0.105-25+devuan4) but 0.105-25 is to be installed
>                Depends: libpolkit-backend-1-0 (= 0.105-25+devuan4)
>                Depends: libpolkit-gobject-1-0 (= 0.105-25+devuan4)

This is odd as 0.105-25 is the buster version.

I had tested this from xfce4 install but not the task-xfce4-desktop
metapackage. I will try and see if I can reproduce.

Are there any held packages or apt pinning in force?

Thanks

Mark