:: Re: [devuan-dev] [DNG] Migrating fr…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: fsmithred
CC: dng, devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] [DNG] Migrating from Buster to Beowulf - feedback needed
On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 10:09:12AM -0400, fsmithred via Dng wrote:
> Would a transitional package that makes the edit to /var/lib/dpkg/status be
> a sane solution?

Yes I wondered about that. What would work is a libpam-systemd.deb with Debian
#935304 fixed. But it would be a pain to maintain as we would have to keep the versions in
step with the rest of the systemd in buster. We also couldn't have it in the
main devuan archive as we use libpam-elogind to provide libpam-systemd, so it
would have to be a download and manual install.

In the end, I feel it is more appropriate to fix Debian bugs in Debian if we can.

Best wishes

Mark