:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Se…
Author: Plasma
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Sep. 04, 2019
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Wednesday, September 4th, 2019.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Sept 04,2019 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/7NzjcqkOevtkLc8XO+rVedx+/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: fsr, plasma41, golinux, RickMoen, rrq

## Old Business
- point release
- infra access

## Old Actions

## New Business
- new derivative AVMultimedia. He has asked to be on the derivatives
list. Thoughts? You can read about it here:
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=3037
- (plasma41) I'll take a look. It looks interesting.

- gdo is being hammered by spammers. With Evilham's help making a dent
in it.

- (fsmithred) udisks2 in buster requires libpam-systemd OR
  libpam-elogind. The buster version installs on beowulf without pulling
  in any systemd packages. Do we still need to fork it? The beowulf
  version is too old. Do we need to make it work for people who don't
  want any elogind on their system? Is there a use-case for that?
  - (plasma41) udisks2 in beowulf is currently an older version than in
    ascii; this should be considered a release critical bug. We need to
    update udisks2 to have version parity with buster. We need to decide
    whether requiring libpam-elogind to satisfy the libpam-systemd
    dependency is acceptable. If so, we should be able to use the buster
    version as-is. If not, we need to apply our patches on the new
    version. IMO, I think we should continue to apply our patches.
    Regardless, udisks2 needs to be updated.

- (blinkdog) Can't attend today; work conflict.

## New Actions

- Set up host to build ascii point release and beowulf isos