:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Au…
Author: Plasma
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Aug. 28, 2019
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Wednesday, August 28th, 2019.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Aug. 28, 2019 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/OzdCRX1oLnfJ9PrdYZXVeL9f/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: plasma41, golinux, andy5995, rrq, fsmithred, Centurion-Dan

## Old Business

## Old Actions
- point release notes formatted

## New Business

- (rrq) @tgroman taken on maintaning mariadb-10.3 for Devuan. Some
  systemd dependency, though possibly "only" for building it (and
  tests). Got caught up in build system failures (arm64, armel, armhf,
  ppc64el).
  - (evilham) What's the issue with mariadb? I use it with Devuan
    Beowulf without issues.
    - (rrq) not sure; perhaps you can pick and discuss wih him when/if
      he continues.

### plasma41
- Should we set up beowulf-backports to track buster-backports?
- Likewise, should we quietly start mirroring bullseye to chimaera?

### andy5995
- What about increasing presence on Mastodon? Just using it to post
major announcements to help with everyone's time constraints.

(gl) social networking sucks. jaromil has a twitter account set up

(andy5995)hehe.. I agree. I just deleted my mastodon account last week. :)

The reason I mentioned Mastodon is because that's actually where I first
heard about Devuan and came to check it out.

Devuan has also been mentioned on FidoNet recently. :)

## New Actions

- policykit and consolekit have confirmed fixes in "unstable", and need
to be promoted from unstable to beowulf.
=> (rrq) to get them built for beowulf (with new versions)

- util-linux needs rebuilding, possibly fixing, to offer a consistent
version across architectures.

- gitlab.devuan.org emails to gmx bouncing due to bad rdns (for gitlab).

### [Package Maintainer
doc](https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/lgSwinU3qqNrlPErrHAsPmDl/)

(andy5995)So I'll continue to think about the doc and try to come up
with something based on the notes we've compiled recently. I should be
able to make some progress by next week. I'll be sure to ask in IRC if I
have questions.

### [d1h](https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/d1h/tree/suites/experimental)

(andy5995)Seems like it might be worth considering not using this
package at all and deprecating it. If y'all have got this far with no
one really needing it. Seems to me that importing a repo is easy enough
to do manually for any package maintainer, and also easy enough to
create a repo and a branch manually. Not sure what else that script
really does though so maybe I'm mistaken and it could still prove useful.

The script also can build a package and [the doc on the d1h repo]
(https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/d1h/blob/suites/experimental/d1h_worked_example.txt)
provides some tips for the process and for testing, but so do the basic
docs for **Debian** package building.

If you still want to keep it going, it probably needs to be marked as
"orphaned" or "abandoned" (as golinux mentioned, IIUC, KatolaZ expressed
no interest in maintaining it).