:: Re: [devuan-dev] Fwd: [Fwd] Mail de…
Author: Dmitry Bogatov
To: Jaromil
CC: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Fwd: [Fwd] Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

I am sorry about mess with email. You can write to <KAction@???>,
which seems to accept all and every email.

>   kaction@???
>     (generated from KAction@???)
>     host disroot.org [178.21.23.139]
>     SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<kaction@???>:
>     550 5.7.23 <kaction@???>: Recipient address rejected:
>     Message rejected due to: SPF fail - not authorized. Please see http://www.openspf.net/Why?s=mfrom;id=jarom
> il@???;ip=209.87.16.33;r=<UNKNOWN>

Similar symptoms are discussed here:

and resolution was that disroot.org server behaves correctly, but in
non-forgiving way. I have basic understanding of SPF, so can't comment
more.

> Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 09:06:27 +0200
> From: Jaromil <jaromil@???>
> To: devuan developers internal list <devuan-dev@???>
> Cc: Dmitry Bogatov <KAction@???>
> Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] On joining Devuan development team

Somewhy your email did not hit devuan-dev archives, as I see it:

https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/thread/20190827.072224.48d3de4d.en.html

> On Wed, 21 Aug 2019, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
>
> > merging from kaction, I suppose
>
> the only potential problem I see with Dmitry's proposal in
> kaction/apt-cacher-ng is that the git commit history is missing, I
> mean is not preserving the history from salsa.
>
> IMHO this is an issue I'd be up for debating, since debian/ChangeLog
> reports the history and since dealing with git has been a burden for
> contributors in the past, leading them nowhere for various reasons.
>
> however, since we asked everyone so far: please Dmytry would you mind
> crafting your repository to keep the history of the commits here
> https://salsa.debian.org/blade/apt-cacher-ng ?
>
> in case any problems arise with that, please do not hesitate informing
> us here about them.

Sure, I can make git history as you request, but what is resolution on
libsystemd0? Will Devuan accept packages that remove libsystemd0? Or
consensus is that linking with libelogind is good enough?
--
Note, that I send and fetch email in batch, once in a few days.
Please, mention in body of your reply when you add or remove recepients.