:: Re: [DNG] linux-image-4.9.0-9-amd64…
Author: Andrew McGlashan
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] linux-image-4.9.0-9-amd64 update breaks networking
Hi,

On 8/8/19 9:44 am, Chris Richmond wrote:
>     I updated anotherwise stock Devuan ASCII install and
> gotlinux-image-4.9.0-9-amd64, and it breaks one
>
> of my ethernet connections that’s using dhcp.  Rebooting and
> selectinglinux-image-4.9.0-6-amd64restores
>
> functionality.
>
> Any suggestions?  google is lacking on devuan specifics, as well as
> better suggestions on what to do about kernel

It would help to know the driver and/or type of connection it is, other
than "Ethernet" ... perhaps the module isn't being included in your
initrd now.

I found I had a problem with ASCII after kernel updates, I was able to
boot a live Devuan Jessie USB stick and rebuild the initrd from there,
it included extra modules that had to be added to my modules.conf file
in order for ASCII to build them in.

Kind Regards
AndrewM