:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Future of gNewSense…
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Future of gNewSense: Debian or Devuan?
On Sat, Aug 03, 2019 at 06:46:20PM +0200, Narcis Garcia wrote:
> Devuan will be a great basis for your development. The work to do is
> not complex. I myself was able to remove all Non-Free Software on my
> own and install Linux Libre bundled with Jason Self.
> Good news, everything works as expected.

Please, for the sake of the Elder Gods, do update the CPU microcode at the
very least. And most motherboard vendors stop providing BIOS updates after
1-2 years (if they do so at all!), thus it's much easier to do via a
package.

Then, you are free to not install anything from the non-free repository.
What would be the problem with it being available is beyond me.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian is one big family. Including that weird uncle