:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Ju…
Author: Plasma
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Jul. 17, 2019
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Wednesday, July 17th, 2019.

plasma41

# Devuan meet July 17, 2019 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/DgQnzVRTQkI1K1vWK8KH8JbW/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: blinkdog, golinux, fsmithred, onefang, rrq, amesser, onefang,
         xe-non, plasma41, RickMoen

## Old Business
- Jaromil: Did you respond to offer of donated hardware?

## Old Actions
- ascii point release

### rrq
- Migration to gitea
  - DNS options and set ups of ns1 and ns2
    dev-one.org, dev-1.org, devuan.io, devuan.info, devuan.dev,
    devuan.eu, devuan.online
    * gitea.devuan.dev (gitlab.devuan.dev)

### CenturionDan
- I got involved in a debian-devel ml discussion on git usage resulting
in some good discussion and a private email from the debian project
leader Sam Hartman expressing good vibes towards devuan.
- Added Devuan to the debian derivatives census
https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Devuan
- Helped Ralph fix drdb sync issue on ganeti.

## New Business
- https://devuan.net.br/
- pekman offered some code for a search feature.
https://git.devuan.org/devuan-editors/devuan-www/issues/127#note_13280
Is this something we want or need? Hellekin and I discussed this years
ago but the idea died.

## New Actions
- ascii point release before beowulf!!!
- fsr - Live isos
- Centurion - other isos

### golinux' to-do list
- Beowulf
 1. There is still an issue with the scrollbar in Clearlooks Phenix
    Cinnabar. fsr is working on it (and a lot of other things). I will
    also need to check out the official deb once it's created to make
    sure everything is in order. Please don't mess around with automated
    image generation at this time.
    - amesser will take a look at this wrt policykit stuff.

 2. The website will need an overhaul - some of it major like the
    "Free Software" page which is quite outdated and needs to be
    rewritten (not by me).  Also names to be mentioned on the Team page.
    tbd on Wed.

 3. Documentation needs to be upgraded. I have emailed Chillfan twice
    but no response.

 4. Documentation for the isos also needs to be upgraded
    (dependent on #3)

5. Release Notes

6. Announcement

 7. (fsmithred) Need to be able to build packages for beowulf.
 - "No valid suite label specified and no default suite in [jobs]
    section. Do nothing" (Note: Evilham says check releasebot config.)