:: Re: [DNG] usb automount
Author: al3xu5 / dotcommon
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] usb automount
Il giorno giovedì 18/07/2019 20:31:20 +0200
Andreas Messer <andi@???> ha scritto:

> On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 08:16:31PM +0200, al3xu5 / dotcommon wrote:
> > Please I need your help.
> >
> > I have installed a fresh ASCII on a small barebone pc to be used as audio
> > server. Using MATE and lightdm.
> >
> > I have also installed some multimedia stuff and apt updated & upgraded
> > packages.
> >
> > When I plug any usb stick as normal user, it is not automounted and I get a
> > 'not authorized to perform operation' error; I can mount the stick manually
> > as root (sudo).
> >
> > Which is the problem? Any idea?
>
> Could you please check if you have installed:
>
> libpam-elogind
> elogind
> libpolkit-backend-elogind-1-0
>
> If not, install these packages, log out and in again. Should work
> afterwards

I missed the libpolkit-backend-elogind-1-0 package (maybe because it conflicts
with mate-power-manager, which is not needed being mate-power-manager-common
enough).

So, now usb automount is back!

Thank you a lot Andreas.
Regards

--
al3xu5

Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and any industrial design restrictions.
Public GPG/PGP key block
ID:           4096 bit RSA key 69C5977BF94CFE23
Fingerprint:  59C6 9DC7 CD4B CF2F A190  E3DE 69C5 977B F94C FE23