:: [DNG] Devuan conference videos host…
Author: B. R.
To: Devuan ML
Subject: [DNG] Devuan conference videos hosting
I have been around for a little while and have been using Devuan for a
couple of years now. IIRC, this is my first message ever on this list.
Thus, proper introduction: Hi, everyone! My name is <insert pointer to
signature here>.

If I were not broke, I trust I shall have come to that initial landmark.
It felt very much like a time & place to have belonged to...

I cannot help but notice the videos from the first Devuan conference
(https://www.dyne.org/the-first-devuan-conference/) are hosted on
YouTube. My FOSS (with "free" as in "non-captive") nerve is itching.

What about creating (a) torrent(s) for those videos and share them that
way, on top on a Web delivery?

For the Web delivery, what about serving them in MP4 format to take
advantage of nginx' MP4 module
(https://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_mp4_module.html).
I can lend my (dedicated! The real deal! :oD) server if needed, but I
guess an array of volunteers' boxes brought together either through
proper load balancing (behind some HAProxy?) or through a lazy one (DNS
pool? community-distribution.devuan.org? :oD) would be even better to
share that load.

Any thoughts?

Have a nice end of week(-end),
Bernard Rosset