:: Re: [DNG] Devuan conference videos …
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan conference videos hosting
On Mon, 15 Jul 2019, Dimitris via Dng wrote:

> On 7/14/19 3:09 PM, B. R. via Dng wrote:
> > I cannot help but notice the videos from the first Devuan conference
> > (https://www.dyne.org/the-first-devuan-conference/) are hosted on
> > YouTube. My FOSS (with "free" as in "non-captive") nerve is itching.
>

> another suggestion, would be using peertube
> (https://joinpeertube.org/en/ ) as a foss alternative to yt.
> not just for devuan..., in general. :)

we are waiting for a final edit to fix the audio of most of the
videos, which is mostly on a single channel only: once that is done we
may also host them on something more permanent that cannot be updated
anymore, like torrents, I guess.

all said, I am also not a fan of yt tech and invasiveness, but I guess
it should also be mentioned that the audience we can get on that
platform is by far superior than any other platform - and the main
point of the conference recordings is really that of outreach.

however, as usual, sharing is caring

ciao!