:: Re: [DNG] Installing sysv-init unde…
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Installing sysv-init under Debian Buster
Joel Roth via Dng - 07.07.19, 23:39:

wrote:
> >> On Jun 25, 2019, at 11:20 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@???>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> Seems this would work as well, with less collateral damage:
> >>
> >> apt install -y sysvinit-core elogind
> >> apt --purge autoremove
> >
> > This works great and, as noted, is far more elegant.

[…]
> A warning about all of these solutions: They will remove the package,
> network-manager. Sometimes this may rewrite the

Not here.

I am still running Debian with elogind and Plasma and Network Manager
just fine. As I did not bother yet to switch to Devuan, but in order to
replace systemd-udevd by eudev I likely will at some point in time.

I do not remember whether I did it exactly like above, but I am sure
that in general Network Manager can be run without Systemd just fine.

Anyway, I posted it all here and/or on devuan-dev and its still
available in the archives.

--
Martin