:: Re: [DNG] Runit service depend anot…
Author: viverna
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Runit service depend another script not daemon
il devuanizzato Martin Steigerwald <martin@???> il 06-07-19 08:49:52 ha scritto:
>That said, I agree it would be good to find a way to inject runit
>symlinks into packages, cause I believe it to be unlikely that many
>Debian package maintainers would include runit support. However that
>said, I would.
>Thanks,
>--
>Martin

I hope it may be possible to do so.
Maybe, when package have been merged in amprolla (Devuan infrastructure
use amprolla, now at the version 3, who has the task to merge apt
repository; the software is written in python).

Inject runit/s6/otherinit script in packages should be equivalent to:
- open package deb

- edit postinst and prerm files and add rule at bottom of postinst and
  rule at top of prerm:
if [ runit_is_present ]; then
    do stuff
fi
if [ other_init_is_present ]; then
    do stuff
fi
if [ another_init_is_present ]; then
    do stuff
fi

- close package deb

All possible scenarios should be considered, and this could complicate
the software. We could ask to Devuan developers and caretakers if it
could be a good idea.

--
viverna