:: Re: [DNG] UEFI support in the live-…
Author: aitor_czr
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] UEFI support in the live-sdk
Hi fsmithred,

On 5/7/19 22:46, fsmithred via Dng wrote:
> On 5/30/19 4:54 PM, aitor_czr wrote:
>> Hi fsmithred,
>>
>> On 30/5/19 15:30, fsmithred via Dng wrote:
>

>>> Reboot into the system looks good. It installed the full system from
>>> the iso (without network)
>>> :) :) :)
>>>
>>> Now I have to look at it and figure out what you did.
>>>
>>> fsmithred
>>
>> All these changes have been commited in the git repository. I'll
>> build another image during this night...
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your help, fsmithred :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Aitor.
>

> I'm just getting back to this now. I tried running it again without
> making any changes. Ran the following commands including the trivial
> steps to select repo, suite, etc. and it did not build.
>
>> # zsh -f
>>
>> # source sdk
>>
>> # load
>>
>> the following steps are trivial. You can choose between the
>> repository of devuan or gnuinos (a fully amprolla setup). Debian is a
>> work in progress.
>

> After the dialog, it just dumped me back to the zsh prompt. What am I
> missing? I tried build_iso_dist and it said "command not found."
>
> Thanks,
> fsmithred

First of all, are you using the latest sources:

$ git clone https://git.devuan.org/aitor_czr/live-sdk.git

On the other hand, i must admit that i didn't update the repository of
gnuinos during weeks; so, it couldn't work. did you select this choice?
I've just updated the repository today with amprolla and the live-sdk is
working for me. Sorry, but i'm focused on simple-netaid these days, and
i want to finish it over the course of july.
I did a lot of improvements. One of them is the unlimited size of the
buffer shared by the server and the client sides of the unix socket (the
shared information between the backend and the frontend).

This unlimited size of the buffer is possible thanks to the sbuf structs
whose lifecycle is:

struct sbuf s;
sbuf_init(&s);
sbuf_addch(&s, 'F');        /**    add a character    **/
sbuf_addstr(&s, str);      /**     add a string     **/
printf("%s\n", s.buf);
free(s.buf);                    /**     free the memory    **/

But this is not my job... I took the idea from another project (by a
developer of bunsenlabs -Johan Malm- together with one of the main
developers of the tint2 panel):

https://github.com/johanmalm/jgmenu

I always beat around the bush :)

Cheers,