:: [devuan-dev] Task: 2019-06-05 (para…
Author: Ivan J
To: devuan-dev
CC:
Subject: [devuan-dev] Task: 2019-06-05 (parazyd) amprolla needs to be updated to support multiple repositories with the same path

> - 2019-06-05 (parazyd) amprolla needs to be updated to support multiple repositories
>   with the same path, i.e. archive.debian.org/dists deb.debian.org/dists
>    - 2019-06-09 (parazyd will pick this up in a week since he's travelling)
>       - currently, if repositores like this are enabled, it would result in files being overwritten
>     - is this the same issue we have for -security?

Hi guys. I'm picking this up and have already pushed what I think
already is working code at Gitlab[0].

This next week I will be travelling so I can't attend more, but once I'm
back I will deploy this on the amprolla testbed and announce it here so
people can test it out and see if everything is fine and there are no
glitches.

Someone asked:

> is this the same issue we have for -security?

No, this is something else. Since jessie was moved to archive.debian.org
in Debian, we have to add a new repository to merge in Amprolla. Since
this repository's structure is exactly the same like deb.debian.org:
once downloaded, it would overwrite the other files. This patchset
changes the spooldir structure to go one directory deeper, and separate
them by their domain name/IP address.

This way we avoid files being overwritten, add more robustness, and
allow multiple repositories with the same directory structure to be
merged.

Another improvement that I implemented is that now we explicitly choose
which suites to take from which repository using a list.

Disclaimer: I am just reporting my progress and not asking for reviews.
Thanks. That time will come.

[0] https://git.devuan.org/devuan-infrastructure/amprolla3/commits/debianarchive-update