:: Re: [devuan-dev] Task: 2019-06-05 (…
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Task: 2019-06-05 (rrq) pkgmaster master needed to fix release links
On Wed, 05 Jun 2019, Rick Moen wrote:

> There's a tendency for many organisations to be crisis-driven, which
> usually means small problems weren't timely addressed and became big
> ones.
>
> I leave any specific application of that insight to Linux
> distributions to those who are insiders, which I am not.

the difference here is that Devuan is not an organisation, a company,
a corporation or an IT management dept; but a community driven
GNU+Linux distribution where we are all unpaid volunteers devolving
free time in exchange of quality (both on the technical level and the
human interaction).

>From the lesson Katolaz thought us I learned that the good spirit of

volunteers is definitely more important than the distro, that noone
should be pushed or held accountable or stressed about problems about
Devuan: because our distro will simply not work well and be in need of
someone to find time or someone new to step in on his/her own will.

This is why Devuan comes without any warranty, nor explicit or
implied. If we'd have more resources as a community (in terms of
donations, but also time of people perhaps partly covered by
companies) we would certainly change that, but all things standing now
we all have other commitments and if "it works for me" then I have no
urge to fix, I'd rather make sure everyone is in good health and
enjoys doing what we are doing, even if the repos are down for two
months.

This is now my attitude. If anyone needs more then please contact us
at devuan.pro and someone will provide you professional support and
99% availability at a fair price. Also please mind that I'm saying
this while investing a *lot* of resources (in money and time) of the
organisation I'm leading (Dyne.org) on Devuan GNU+Linux and on top of
that we also need to maintain priority and peace of mind among
co-workers of our organisation.

I now really hope people have a clear picture of the situation on my
side of the pond when they interact with us at Dyne.org about problems
in Devuan.

ciao