:: Re: [DNG] Php 7.03 on ascii
Author: hal
To: Dimitris, Dimitris via Dng, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Php 7.03 on ascii
On June 5, 2019 10:24:29 AM CDT, Dimitris via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
:: On 6/5/19 5:53 PM, hal wrote:
:: > ,
:: > I happened to glance over at the supported PHP matrix[1] on php.net
:: yesterday and noticed 7.0x is EOL. This is the version bundled with
:: Ascii. Do the debian backports cover securiy updates to PHP 7.0x
:: until the distro itself is EOL or should I have upgraded PHP already?
::
:: >
::
::
:: devuan ascii (as debian stretch) still gets php7.0 updates at times,
:: so
:: still "no worries"*.. latest update was on march, after php official
:: eol..
::
:: several web apps already complain for php7.0, so if you care to
:: update
:: before next stable release, there are external repos for
:: ascii/stretch
:: to update to newer php7.1, php7.2 or php7.3 (default for beowulf).
:: or you could dist-upgrade to beowulf sooner. my personal experience
:: with
:: beowulf and apache2/php7.3 is really smooth so far.
::
:: *https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/php7.0
::
:: my 2c.
::
:: d.

Thank you for all the info. I was a little worried. I will try a Beowulf upgrade I think.