:: Re: [DNG] Install failure: cannot b…
Author: Rod Rodolico
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Install failure: cannot boot netinst
There is absolutely no reason to believe the two are related, but I ran
into a similar issue installing OPNSense (a FreeBSD firewall,
https://opnsense.org/) on a Protectli device. I'm just making a wild
guess, so don't expect much.

What had to be done on that is to set the see if there is a Boot option
filter and, if so, set it to "UEFI only" and see what happens.

Sorry if I send you on a "wild goose chase" but, while the hardware and
operating systems are different, the symptoms are very similar. The
screen "goes away" during install.

The original article is at
https://protectli.com/kb/how-to-install-opnsense-on-the-vault/
with detailed instructions for the vault (their name for their device)
are at:
https://protectli.com/kb/how-to-configure-uefi-on-the-vault/

They are using American Megatrends BIOS version 2.18.1263

Rod