:: Re: [DNG] Devuan AMI
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan AMI
Quoting Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng (dng@???):

> Hi Steve, list,

All: OH HAI!

> On more than one occasion I've found that some acronym "flashers" are
> just wildly flapping arms and waving hands in thin air trying to make an
> impresssion rather than "knowledgeable experts". Anyone serious about
> trying to get something across to an audience whose knowledge level is
> not known a priori would spell it out first time around (with the
> acronym in parentheses) *or* provide a link to a (wikipedia?) page
> explaining the thing.

I appreciate not having to deploy radar (RAdio Detection And Ranging) to
find your meaning. But would you mind explaining that again using a
laser (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) pointer?

Goodbye (god be with ye),
Rick M.

Etc. (et cetera).

Please excuse me, I believe I need to walk around a pram (perambulator)
in order to board my bus (short for omnibus, meaning to or for, by,
with, or from everybody - which is a very good description, as Michael
Flanders said).[1]

[1] https://www.elyrics.net/read/f/flanders-&-swann-lyrics/a-transport-of-delight-lyrics.html